I purchased this particular Afterglow headset to go with my Xbox 360. I was quite worried that due to the new consoles like Xbox One and PS4, I wouldn’t be able to find a good quality headset for my older model. Luckily, I came across a selection of Afterglow headsets online and found the features and the appearance to be exactly what I wanted. I was still slightly sceptical, as a lot of models such of this tend to promote style over substance, but as soon as I tried them out I knew this wasn’t the case.
- The treble is crisp and the bass is so deep it’s almost frightening. It adds a completely new element to game play and makes it so much more exciting. Hearing a bomb go off with the bass turned up almost sends me running for cover.
- Although, I purposely bought the Afterglow headset to use with Xbox 360, it is actually compatible with many other devices. I’ve even tried it out with my IPhone and loved the superior sound quality.
- The wireless distance is fantastic, I can literally walk around my entire house without losing connection.
- I really like the fact that I can change the colour of the LEDs.
- The mic can be tidily tucked away when not being used which makes the headset a lot more versatile.
- It has a really great battery life of around 10 hours on a full charge.
- The quality of the microphone isn’t as good as I would like it to be, and I can hear myself through it, which is really distracting and weird. The only way to solve this problem seems to be to mute the mic altogether, which really just creates another problem.
- The cushioning on the headband it quite thin, and after wearing the headset for a few hours it can get quite uncomfortable and even painful.
- The volume controls can be quite confusing and getting the volume and mic level to the right point is a pain.
- My biggest bug bear with the Afterglow headset is the mute button. It’s easy to hit, but there is no indication of whether it’s on or off mute.
Overall, the quality of the Afterglow headset is really good for the price. There are a few bug bears, but they can be ignored as the pros definitely outweigh the cons.