It is wise of you to look for the best motorcycle earbuds for your adventure. Not only will they provide an excellent sound experience for you, but they will also block the wind noise to get through to your ear. Because there are a lot of motorcycle headphones in the market, you know that you should select the best protection equipment for your adventure.
A Summary of 3 Short List Of What We Like:
My 8 Best Wireless Earbuds for Motorcycling
I say that the following motorcycle earbuds are the best based on my opinion and experience. There can be other wireless earbuds out there that might be more suited for your taste and comfort.
I do not consider the price range of these buds since prices are subjective. The bases of my selections are audio quality, design, comfort, and other features.
#1. Bose QuietComfort 20 Earbuds
I chose the Bose QuietComfort 20 as one of the best motorcycle earbuds for me because of its compact size and clear sound production. It allows you to carry your earbuds everywhere inside your pocket, no matter what its size is.
It can also block noise entirely, which makes it one of the bests for receiving phone calls and motorcycle biking.
- excellent sound
- high-end noise-cancellation feature
- Quality battery backup
- the battery life of up to 16 hours
- Useful alert mode
- irreplaceable battery
- Quality could have been better considering the price range
- Unideal microphone placement
- Noise-canceling technology is one of the best because it allows you to listen to your favorite music with better sound quality.
- The inline microphone allows you to switch between phone calls and function controls through voice assistants like Google Now and Siri.
- It has an Aware Mode, in which with just a press of a button, you can hear what is going on around you. This feature is especially useful for your motorcycle
- Because of the StayHear+ Tips, no matter what the size of your ear canal is, the earbuds will surely fit comfortably and securely.
- We can use this headset on any devices, whether we own an iPhone, iPad, or an Android phone.
#2. Focus Power F10 Wireless Earbuds
The Focus Power F10 is my favorite motorcycle Bluetooth earbuds because of its compact design and excellent audio production. The battery life is pretty decent, which allows me to enjoy my ride as a biker for long hours.
- Comfortable fit
- Compact design
- Wireless Bluetooth technology range of up to 33 feet
- Quality sound production
- Connects to two devices at the same time
- Decent playtime
- Easy to charge
- Excellent microphone
- Easy to misplace
- One earbud
- I love the compact size because I can simply keep it in my pocket when I get tired of listening to my audio.
- We can connect it to up to two devices at the same time. Therefore, if we own two smartphones and we are waiting for calls on each of them, this feature is handy.
- It makes use of wireless Bluetooth technology, which can connect to any device that has the same feature. We do not have to feel annoyed by cords that can get tugged anywhere.
- This earbud feels comfortable to wear. I will never mind wearing it for long hours during the ride.
- The battery can go for up to 7 hours, which makes our adventure more fun.
- It makes use of magnetic charging. Motorcycle riders who are always on the go, do not have to waste our time detangling cords.
#3. Shure SE215
The Shure SE215 is one of the best earbuds for me because of its ability to eliminate the background noise. It is available as wireless or wired. The battery life of the wireless option can last up to 8 hours.
I love the quality of the audio it produces, which provides clear highs, mids, and lows. We can say that the wireless ones provide guaranteed proper fitting because of the available ear tips.
- Clear bass sound quality
- Wide range of frequency response
- Available as a Bluetooth 5.0 or wired audio device
- Comes with six ear tips
- Replaceable cable
- Armature drivers make the earbuds less portable
- Fitting is not good enough without the ear wire for the wired option.
- The cables of this device are durable, which can survive the wear and tear while we are in the middle of our motorcycle
- The noise isolation feature makes our listening experience more enjoyable because of the better sound it produces.
- It is available as Bluetooth wireless earbuds. We simply have to choose the wireless one if we prefer them that way.
- Among the six ear tips available can provide the best We can choose among these sleeves that we feel fitting to our ear canal.
#4. Sena SMH10 Bluetooth Wireless Headset
For me, the Sena SMH10 is one of the best motorcycle Bluetooth headsets because of the several features it offers and the built. Manufacturers of this headset created this device with the motorcycle bikers in mind. With a wide range of sharing intercom and music, I do not think I have something to ask for more.
With this audio device, I can listen to the sound of my favorite tunes and protect my ears from the noise of the wind.
- Sleek design
- Pairable to up to four devices
- The battery life of up to 12 hours playtime and 10 days standby time
- Easy installation
- Small speaker
- The headset can be bulky depending on the helmet used
- Detaching the unit feels awkward
- Noise-canceling blocks ambient noise and prevents sound leak
- Bass sound quality is lacking
- The talk or playtime can last up to 12 hours and the standby time up to 10 days, which is one of the best offers in the market. With this feature, I can enjoy my motorcycle ride for half a day.
- Wireless Bluetooth connectivity allows us to share and listen to our favorite tunes, converse with our fellow motorcyclists, and make calls.
- The long-range of 900 meters allow me to share music and intercom even with different brands.
- It makes use of the technology that blocks the background noise. It also prevents the sound from leaking out our helmet.
#5. Westone B30 Wireless Earbuds
The Westone B30 is one of the best earbuds for me because of its several features that allow us to enjoy our motorcycle riding. These buds are available as wired and wireless. What comes with the device is a Bluetooth cable, which enables the device to produce better soundstage.
What is unique about these buds is the three armature drivers, which is the reason for its excellent bass and mids.
- The cable comes along with it
- Excellent bass
- Available as wireless and wired
- Metal clips
- IPX4 water-resistant
- Bass sound if you are not into it
- It comes with a Bluetooth cable powered with apX technology that provides a dynamic soundstage, which adds to a better listening experience.
- Three armature drivers can produce crisp and clear audio quality. Listening to music with these buds will always be exciting.
- It is IPX4 water-resistant, which means our buds can survive a few splashes of water. This feature is ideal for giving us time to seek shelter when it is starting to rain.
- The battery life lasts up to 8 hours, which is enough for long hours of a motorcycle
- It makes use of the True Fit technology that provides us the best fit for wearing these earbuds. Therefore, we feel comfortable wearing them for long hours on the road.
#6. EAOS SlimBuds Motorcycle Riding Earbuds
For me, the EAOS SlimBuds is one of the Best motorcycle earbuds because of the fantastic audio quality it produces and its versatility. Whether I use this device with a helmet or not, it is still usable. Although it makes use of 4.1 and not a Bluetooth 5 connectivity, it is enough to provide a secure connection with other devices without any delay.
These earbuds also fit well to the ear and block background noise.
- Excellent microphone
- Long battery life
- Superb sound quality
- Noise-canceling feature
- Cheaply built material
- Others find it uncomfortable to wear, though I do not.
- A wireless connection is secure. This feature allows me to answer calls without any delay.
- It makes use of the best armature drivers that makes motorcycle riding more fun because of the enhanced bass, treble, and vocals.
- The microphone is wind-resistant. Even though we talk to our friends while we are riding our bikes fast, they can hear us crystal clear.
- It blocks the noise in the background, especially the sound of the wind that is a common issue for us bikers.
- It comes with ear hooks and earbuds, which ensure a secure fit. We do not have to worry about it falling off as we ride.
#7. Symphonized NRG 2.0 Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear
I choose the Symphonized NRG 2.0 as one of my favorite earbuds for motorcycle because of its unique design and quality. It also has impressive features that are beneficial for bikers.
We can wear it as a wireless Bluetooth device that we can use to enjoy listening to the sound of our favorite tunes. Its noise isolation feature is super for blocking background noise.
- Available in three colors
- Environmental-friendly design
- Compatible with any devices
- Three tips sizes
- Wooden design can feel uncomfortable for some users.
- The wooden design makes it unique earbuds for motorcycle. These features enable the earbuds to produces warm and vibrant acoustic and bass.
- The three available silicone tips, which are small, medium, and large, ensure that one of them will fit our ears securely.
- It is one of the headphones that can last up to eight hours of listening, which enables us not to mind long hours of riding.
- The inline microphone allows us to control the incoming calls and music hands-free, which enhances our focus while we are riding along the road.
- The noise isolation technology blocks the noise around us, which allows us to be immense to our listening.
These earbuds for motorcycle is one of my favorites because of the quality of the sound it produces and the high-end features. The earbuds have three armature drivers that provide enhanced audio quality, which makes our motorcycle ride feels enjoyable and free.
The built of the housing provides sound isolation that prevents noise from bothering our listening experience. Thus, allowing us to focus on our tunes or calls.
- Elegant design
- Impressive sound isolation
- Durable built
- Excellent audio quality
- Silicone tips are available in four sizes
- May feel uncomfortable for some users
- Connectors are new and unfamiliar
- Three armature drivers produce balanced and quality sounds, which are perfect earbuds for motorcycle ride as we listen to our favorite tunes.
- The memory cable of these earbuds is flexible enough to loop around our ears to fit comfortably for long hours of biking.
- Earbuds’ housing provides enhanced noise-isolation that enables us to stay focused on what we are listening to, whether it is music, news, or calls.
- The silicone tips of these earbuds ensure that one of these sizes will fit your ears.
- The headphones’ cable is durable, which optimizes the performance of the audio.
How Did I Come Up with My Lists of Products
We can consider the motorcycle earbuds as one of the must-haves of the bikers. Although motorcycle riding is an enjoyable activity, doing it for long hours is tiresome, especially when we have to do it alone. Therefore, I searched for the best motorcycle earbuds that worked for me and will hopefully work for you too.
The bases of my lists are my personal experience of these earbuds. The considerations I include are the clear sound it produces even though it is working on a mini-Bluetooth connection or not.
I also consider the noise-canceling feature, the earbuds’ ability to block out the wind noise. Aside from these factors, I also thought the other features like comfort, compatibility, and audio quality.
What Is the Difference?
People use the terms earbuds, headphones, and earphones interchangeably. However, they are different from each other when it comes to material build, isolation, canceling, ear placement, and more.
When choosing motorcycle earbuds to use for your journey, it is useful to know the difference. You can use either of them, but it is helpful to know the features and specs to expect when you purchase one of them.
Headphones are the ones you see that users wear over each ear. This audio device is like two speakers connected by a headband.
The most significant advantage of wearing a headphone is that it provides excellent audio quality, noise-cancellation, and comfort. However, it is also commonly bulky, which you cannot use while wearing a helmet.
The main difference between in-ear headphones and earbuds is their placement inside the ears. The former extends through the ear’s concha to the canal, while the latter rests at the concha. For this reason, the in-ear headphones provide better noise-cancellation that earbuds.
If you are going to ask me which among these audio devices are the best for traveling the road, it is not the headphones. You can choose between the in-ear or the earbuds. However, if you select the in-ear, make sure that it has an aware mode that lets you be mindful of your surroundings while biking.
I recommend for bikers to use wireless earbuds because it allows you to listen to your favorite music without any cables annoying your ride.
What You Should Know When Buying for Motorcycle Earbuds
- Earbuds with Bluetooth connectivity are the best
Bluetooth earbuds are always the best option for riders because of the convenience they offer. Most of all, you do not have to annoy yourself of the cords on your way. You also do not have to worry about the wires pulled anywhere, which can cause damage to your earbuds.
Depending on the motorcycle earbuds you have, Bluetooth connectivity also allows you to control the functions of your device hand-free. This feature provides you a safer and more convenient way to manage your music and calls without taking your eyes off the road.
- Comfortable earbuds enable you to wear them for long hours.
Thankfully, many motorcycle earbuds nowadays come with a few choices of silicone tips. You can select the size that is fitting to your ears. The headphones are out of the options because they are bulky, and you cannot wear them with your helmet.
However, if you are the type who does not wear a helmet on the ride, no one is stopping you from using headphones if you think they are the more comfortable option for you.
However, I advise that you should use Bluetooth earbuds or headphones because it provides you the comfort of being free from wires. They allow you to be immense with your music without touching your phone.
- Do not go beyond your budget
You do not have to splurge just to buy one of the most decent motorcycle earbuds in the market. You can even buy some quality Bluetooth headphones without breaking the bank.
What you only need to do is be patient enough to do your canvassing, and you will see that you can immense and enjoy your music without spending much.
- Determine if the functionality of the Bluetooth earbuds that you are eyeing fits your needs.
Owning motorcycle earbuds with mini-Bluetooth connectivity is only one feature. However, there are other functionalities worth knowing, which include water-resistance, battery life, audio quality, and more.
Knowing how the functionalities meet your needs can save your money because you do not have to pay for extra features that you do not need. You also do not have to buy other earbuds, if you find out that the quality of music they produce is subpar from your expectation.
Other Recommended Headphone and Earbud Guides:
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best earbuds for motorcycle riding?
Even though we cannot wear headphones on our ride, we can still enjoy listening to our favorite music on our adventure. The best motorcycle earbuds do not have to be expensive, and you can only find them yourself.
What you need to know while making your purchase is the features and specs that you will need. I list down all the earbuds with Bluetooth functionalities because these devices worked for me. If you want, you can search more about my choices to determine if they are the best for you.
Can you wear earbuds on a motorcycle?
Even if you own the best motorcycle earbuds on Earth, they will only end up in the bin if you cannot use them for your ride. Therefore, it is essential to know if you can wear earbuds or headphones while riding.
To know if you can wear motorcycle earbuds while on your ride, you should see the law of your state when you are in the United States. Different states have different rules regarding wearing earbuds or headphones while driving.
For example, if you are from Florida, the law prohibits the use of headphones and earbuds while driving, except for hearing aids. If you are from Colorado, you can wear an earpiece in one ear. In Arizona, these audio devices are legal, except if you are a driver transporting children.
Are Airpods good for motorcycles?
The answer is both yes and no, which depends on your goal and the place where you want to take your ride.
Also, there are motorcycle earbuds in the market that are less expensive but can provide better or the same functionality. However, the choice is yours.
First of all, you can say that AirPods can be useful for motorcycles if wearing them is legal in your state. If it is, they can be good options if your goal is to ride along with the traffic.
AirPods enable you to hear some ambient sounds. Therefore, if somebody honks, you can still listen to them. However, if your goal is to bike away from the traffic, the AirPods may not be the best option for you.
Do noise-canceling headphones work on a motorcycle?
The answer is yes. The audio device with this feature cancels ambient noise by producing the opposite sound wave of the background noise. This feature not only exists on headphones but also on earbuds.
Earbuds with this feature protect the ear from motorcycle ear injuries like the tinnitus.
Again, if you miss our top 3 list here is what we like:
Headphones, earbuds, and earphones are useful in our motorcycle adventure, not only because they make our journey more fun. They are also valuable protection to the ears to prevent us from having tinnitus.
Therefore, since we need them for our protection, make the most of your purchase by choosing the best motorcycle earbuds for yourself.
If you do not know how to select them, you can start by seeing my recommended products that worked the best for me. You will see the reasons why I choose them is because of their versatility, sound quality, battery life, and other functionality.
Other Recommended Headphone and Earbud Guides: