Are you a music lover? We got you!
So, HE400I vs. Fidelio X2. I wonder which I should choose. Are you thinking the same thing?
From traveling to working out, I love listening to music.
It sets the mood when I hit the gym, stimulates my mind when I am working on something, or calms me down when I meditate.
You can relate, too, don’t you? As a music lover, finding the best headphones is a must for me. Don’t you agree? Luckily, I found some good stuff, which actually led me to a dilemma, that is, to answer, “HE400I vs. Fidelio X2?”
Lazy to read the whole article?
Here is our Comparison table for the Hifiman 400i VS Fidelio X2 (Philips L2BO: Latest Version)
Considering Buying New Headphones? Let Me Help!
High-quality headphones give you a whole new experience of listening to music, which is why purchasing one might be a good investment, especially if music is the field of your profession. Of course, you can opt to go for ones with lower quality if you don’t consider listening to music a major thing or if it’s just for leisure. However, before buying, you might want to ask yourself these questions:
- When am I going to use them?
- What is my set budget?
- Do I prefer on-ear, in-ear, or over-ear?
- Is noise cancellation a must for me?
- Do I prefer wireless or wired?
- What brand would I choose? Or does it matter?
- How does it look? (source)
Did you answer these questions? In doing so, you will be able to narrow down your selection, thus helping you find the headphones that suit you best. So, are you ready to buy your new headphones? Want to answer “HE400I vs. Fidelio X2/Philips L2BO” with me?
Recommended and Related Topics:
HE400I vs. Fidelio X2: Which Should I Pick?
In answering the question “HE400I vs. Fidelio X2,” I will present to you some good juices about the two.
On the right corner, HiFiMan HE400I Headphones!
The HE400I are over-ear headphones developed by HiFiMan as an upgrade to the previous version, HE400. These headphones are planar magnetic, which is ideal if you will use it for home or studio. Here are some things to consider if you plan to purchase this:
- 30% lighter compared to other planar magnetic headphones, giving additional comfort
- Delivers better sound quality than other types of headphones
- Beveled ear pads made of velour and pleather, providing a combo of improved comfort and sound quality
- Cable reduced in size (from HE400’s 10-foot long cord down to 59 inches)
- With open-back built which allows for leakage of sound
- Best suited for private use only (source), (source)
This is a good fit if you are the kind of person who likes listening to music in your private space, but if you are the kind who listens to music on the go, you might want to rethink your choice.
On the left corner, Philips Fidelio X2 Headphones!
Other high-quality over-ear headphones are the Philips Fidelio X2. They are stamped as audio of high resolution, reproducing the same quality as original studio versions of
music. They are also ideal for home or studio use. Thinking of grabbing one? Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Open back to prevent buildup of air pressure, thus enhancing audio transparency
- Ear pads made of memory foam for a combination of ergonomic comfort and functionality
- A more pristine bass response and a more defined treble (source) (source)
- Claimed by some to lack extras (source)
- Increased bass which might not always fit classical music (source)
- Also produces sound leakage (source)
Again, if you are the type of person who wants listening at home or enjoys your home theater, then these are ideal headphones for you. But you might want to look for another alternative if you want to take your music on the go.
If you are still thinking of HE400I vs. Fidelio X2 headphones, here are some more details that might help you narrow down your choices.
Review of the Features of Both Headphones
Before buying your new pair of headphones, it is best that you check the features of the product you are about to buy. You wouldn’t want anything less for the money you have spent, right?
HE400I Features and Benefits
I have had those moments when I would wish the quality of the music I am listening to is the same as hearing it live. I’m sure you had those moments too. So if you want to experience how that exactly feels like, then these headphones might be the best for you.
With their open-back design, sounds do not feel compressed inside the headphones, thus producing a rich sound quality. Sounds ideal, you think? However, this feature might also mean that you should be conscious of your surroundings when listening using these headphones because this type of design also allows for leakage of sound.
Designed 30% Lighter than Others of the Same Built
Sometimes the weight of the headphones we are using affect the quality of our music experience. Listening to music for long hours might fatigue you. This is one of the reasons why the HE400I headphones are built to be 30% lighter than its predecessor or compared to other full-sized planar magnetic designed headphones. Now, there will be no stopping you from listening to music however long you like.
Made for a Combined Ergonomic Comfort and Functionality
Whenever we buy a new set of headphones, usually we focus only on the quality of sound it produces. More often, we only take notice of its uncomfortability when we already have bought it. Good thing is that these headphones are not only designed to produce rich, quality sounds, but the developers also kept in mind the comfort of listeners like you. With beveled ear pads made of velour and pleather, additional padding is provided for your ears.
Philips Fidelio X2 Features and Benefits
Fidelio X2’s Memory Foam Ear Pads
Ever felt discomfort at times due to long hours of listening to music with your headphones on? I surely did, many times.
I once thought that memory foam is for pillows only. Well, I was wrong, of course. Again, if you are that type of person who likes listening to music for long periods of time, then Philips Fidelio X2 might be a good fit for you. Designed with memory foam ear pads, these headphones are meant to give you comfort for long hours of listening.
Stamped Audio of High Resolution
It is every music lover’s dreadful experience to not being able to hear the quality of music they want to listen to the way it should be. Well, you no longer have to worry about that because when it comes to these headphones, they sure were stamped with audio of high resolution.
What does that mean? Well, it means that these headphones are able to produce studio-like versions of music straight to your ears. (source) Sounds to me means I won’t be needing to shell out a stack of cash purchasing concert tickets.
Cable Clip for Easier, Tangle-Free Management
One of my pet peeves when it comes to the whole music listening experience is tangled earphones. That irritating feeling of not having able to immediately use your headphones when you so wanted to is sickening. I mean, it takes so much time to get those tangles out!
Can you relate? If you have struggled with tangled cords before, like I know many of us did, then these headphones definitely offer you the solution for easier management. They come with a clip that helps you with your tangle issues. (source)
Well, I hope you are getting close to choosing HE400I vs. Fidelio X2. Sure there are still a lot of things you want to know to assure you that these headphones really are worth the price. Now, let’s jump to what other people say about these products to provide us with some more helpful feedback.
Do I Have Other Alternatives Over HE400I vs. Fidelio X2?
Now, if after all the reviews and features presented for HE400I vs. Fidelio X2, you still don’t think of answering the question, “Which do I prefer in HE400I vs. Fidelio X2?”, then there are some other alternatives that you can try.
- Fostex T50RP is a good alternative if you prefer cheaper headphones but with close qualities as the two headphones. Although the pads might be uncomfortable, if you are more on the quality of music side, you will still likely get close to achieving the same sound quality with their semi-open back design. (source)
- If you are a fan of the band or acoustic music, then you might want to try Grado SR80e. These headphones lift up the sound of wind instruments and higher pitches of piano, plus it fits your budget of $100. Still an experience of music you would not want to miss.
- If you are into classical or jazz music, then Sennheiser HD 600 might be your bet. It gives a quality sound that is soothing to your ears. This fits your budget of less than $500 for open-back designed headphones.
These are three alternatives that you can choose from if you’re having a hard time choosing HE400I vs. Fidelio X2. For a closer look of each item, here are some of their key points.
- If you’re in a tight budget, Fostex T50RP provides cheaper price but quality audio.
- If you’re into acoustic or band music, Grado SR80 is recommended for you.
- If you are into classical or jazz music, Sennheiser HD 600 is a good alternative that you would want to try.
Listening to music sure is fun. As music lovers, we both want the best out of our listening experience, which is why headphones might be a good investment for us. So, in our pursuit to answering which is better HE400I vs. Fidelio X2, of course, our preferences will always prevail, just as our personalities vary.
HE400I vs. Fidelio X2: Two Open-Back Headphones’ Close Match
Summary: If you are a music lover, then headphones are a must to engage in that experience. Try listening to music with he400i vs. fidelio x2. Find out here!
- Editor Rating
- Rated 5 stars
- HE400I vs. Fidelio X2: Two Open-Back Headphones’ Close Match
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified: