QuietComfort® 25 headphones(BOSE QC25) are engineered to sound better, be easier to take with you and more comfortable. Your music is strong, deep and balanced, and so silent that each note seems clearer. Air travel becomes pleasurable, engine roar that is as gradually fades away. However, the world is, it is only you and your music—or only peace and quiet.
These earphones are made for iPad, iPhone and iPod versions. A variant can also be accessible for Android and Samsung apparatus.
Bose QC25:Noise cannot play spoilsport with your music anymore
It is meditative to be immersed in the music of your choice; unfortunately, several ambient sounds often distort the music that reaches your ears and minimizes the pleasure of listening to good music. To overcome this and focus on actual music people often use earbuds, earphones, and headphones. Once again, sadly, though, most of these ear pieces fail to keep the outside noise at bay.
Amar Bose, an MIT scientist, founded Bose – a company that has revolutionized the way we listen to music. Bose has been a pioneer in manufacturing high-quality audio systems. It has been a leader in the noise reduction headphones for more than 15 years.
BoseQuiet Comfort headphones have been engineered to maintain the authentic feel of music; surrounding noise is reduced drastically allowing you to focus and enjoy on the nuances of the music.
The Bose QC 25 is the latest addition to their excellent range of noise cancelling headphones. It sports an all new design, better electronics and some new features in comparison to the QC15. Bose quiet comfort 25 is compatible with all Apple products and smartphones, Blackberry and Android.
Before we move ahead and review the Bose QC-25 let us quickly reflect on why headphones are better than earbuds and earphones because improper hearing devices can increase the risk of hearing loss.
- Inserted into the ear canal
- The sound that reaches the ear is higher by 9 dB
- The chances of hearing loss are higher
- Can lead to sore ears except in the case of earphones which have a cushioning effect provided by rubber, silicone or memory foam
- They cover the entire ear
- Reduce external noise to an extent
- Do not slide off the head
- Reduced risk of hearing loss
There are several kinds of headphones designed to suit specific needs of the user. For example, there are headphones which are designed to be a part of a physically active lifestyle – running, cycling or in the gym; then there are those that are specifically used to catch the finer details of music. Finally, the latest sound cancelling headphones which are suited for people who frequently travel by plane or have to deal with office noise, traffic and etc.
Though the regular headphones do provide a certain amount of noise reduction, they fail to eliminate ambient noises. Noise in headphones is reduced in two ways:
Active noise canceling: The technology used here is successful in cancelling low- frequency sounds like the airplane roar. To overcome high-frequency noises, the manufacturers frequently rely on the physical structure of the headphone. The circumaural shape and the high-density foam with high noise absorbing capacity play a significant role in enhancing the noise cancelling feature of the headphone.
It depends on three features
- Microphone: The headphones have a miniature microphone that picks up nearby noise
- Noise cancelling circuitry: This amplifier generates a sound wave that is exactly opposite to the ambient noise, and when they come in contact the music gets erased thereby leaving only the audio which reaches your ear.
- Battery: The noise cancelling feature requires power which is provided by the battery.
Passive Noise cancelling: In this passive method, an acoustic seal is achieved by the noise cancelling earbuds to block noise. It does not involve any noise cancelling circuitry or thick foam pads. Instead, it uses small plastic membranes or earplugs to isolate the outside noise. Invariably the acoustic seal is not tight enough and is unable to filter the noise significantly. Often patience and practice are required to use the earphones optimally. If worn properly, the earphones do reduce noise, but they can never cancel the airplane drone, for which the noise cancelling headphones are best suited.
Bose on ear headphones, over ear headphones, noise cancellation headphones, and wireless headphones are quite popular with music lovers. Here we will focus on Bose quiet comfort 25 headphones.
Bose have outdone themselves with this product. The Bose quiet comfort 25 headphones have been designed with much thought given to the comfort of the user. You needn’t worry about damaging your expensive headphones because they can be folded and fit snugly into a compact headphone case which is lightweight.
[easyazon_image align=”center” cart=”y” height=”500″ identifier=”B00M1NEUKK” locale=”US” nw=”y” src=”https://www.ironhorsetrading.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/51xNccRxpsL.jpg” tag=”ironhorsetrade-20″ width=”500″]
With overhead phones comfort is a major issue but with BoseQC-25, such qualms can be laid to rest. The ear cushions are soft and gentle while covering the ears; the ear cups rotate to provide you the best fit. The designers have spared a thought for those whose mane is missing and have produced a full band on top.
Bose quiet comfort is a tad heavier than its predecessor QC 15 at 6.9 oz. while QC 15 was 6.5 Oz. Even then these Bose headphones are lighter than most of the other popular headphones.
Bose quiet comfort requires a single AAA battery which according to the manufacturer will last a good 35 hours. If you are out on a long journey, it would be prudent to carry a backup battery.
Bose quiet comfort 25 has been designed to alert you when your battery is about to be drained; the battery light starts to flash when there is still 7 hours of power left- Bose believes in you been prepared.
The best part of the package is that the Bose on-ear headphones will function perfectly fine even when the battery runs out which was not the case in the previous QC15.
Whether you are using Bose noise cancelling earbuds or noise cancelling headphones, the quality of sound is good. The bass in these sound cancelling headphones is fuller. You can enjoy the most precise guitar strings, crystal clear vocals and crisp percussion on the Bose QC-25. These headphones bring music alive like never before and often amaze you with the finest details in your favorite piece which other headphones fail to highlight.
Latest acoustic design enhances the music with greater depth and clarity in the music.
When power abates from the headphones, they can still be used but the bass becomes lackadaisical and the mids unclear.
These acoustic noise cancelling headphones are a great help while traveling in an airplane. Not only do they cut off the engine roar but also the cries and snores of fellow passengers. Remember, they are just sound cancelling headphones and not creators of silence! However, those who have used Bose quiet comfort 25 will never travel without them by their side. Your airplane will not roar anymore in your ears if at all it might whisper gently and lull you to sleep.
A headphone which is heavy and cumbersome is torture, even if it comes with some of the best features available. Bose QC 25 is lightweight, durable and stackable. It is a perfect companion to a long sojourn.It weighs a mere 195gms, a tad more than QC 15 but worth it.
This great headphone comes with the following accessories
- 56-inch QC25 inline remote and microphone cable – this cable controls iPod, iPad and Samsung Galaxy devices. For other devices just change the USB cable.
- Airline adapter – You do not have to endure the hard airline headphones anymore. The airline adapter will ensure that your Bose fits into the socket perfectly and provides you relief from the airplane drone in addition to sound free audio.
- Carrying case- A sleek, sturdy attractive case which is designed to hold all components correctly in place without the wires getting entangled.
- AAA battery – The power source for the noise cancelling feature to function
We can safely assume that the Quiet Comfort 25 Acoustic Noise Cancelling headphones are the best around-ear headphones from Bose. It is the perfect combination of style and high-level audio. The headphones can be folded flat and stored in the attractive case that comes along.
With the use of Active EQ and TriPort technology Bose has ensured that you love your music more deeply and be free from the noisy distractions around. It is not only music but even your business calls need not be ambiguous thanks to poor audio. Though the headphone has been specially made for Apple products, they are versatile enough to be paired with other smartphones too. This product has been tested rigorously so don’t miss Bose QC 25 deals.
- Battery = Single AAA(included)
- Headphones = 7.5″ H x 6″ W x 0.9″ D (6.9 oz.)
- Length of Cable = 56 in
- Carrying case = 25” H x 5.75” W x 2” D
- Weight = 6.9 OZ
[easyazon_cta align=”center” cart=”y” identifier=”B00M1NEUKK” key=”wide-orange” locale=”US” nw=”y” tag=”ironhorsetrade-20″]
Pros and Cons
Let us look at some of the advantages and disadvantages of Bose quiet comfort 25
- The Bose QC 25 blocks out all kinds of ambient noise while maintaining the quality of music or call.
- Since external noise is blocked, there is no necessity to increase the volume to listen to the music. This ensures that you listen to music at a comfortable volume and at the same time protect your ears from damage that ensues from listening to music at high volumes.
- Loud volume often overpowers the finer nuances of music. This can be avoided when you use noiseless headphones and relish the subtlety in music that you oft miss with regular headphones
- Noise pollution is one of the leading causes of hearing loss and stress. By using the noise cancelling headphones you can keep both these ills at bay. It is particularly the case for the frequent traveler who requires some peace and sleep which are often not available due to noisy surroundings.
- Noise is always a great distraction to students. These acoustic noise cancelling headphones are a boon to the serious student because they block all external sounds and help you focus better on your studies.
While there are several pros with noise cancelling headphones, there are a few drawbacks that can’t be ignored.
- The regular standard headphones are priced reasonably and block noise to a certain extent unlike the noise cancelling headphones which cost almost ten times more than the average headphones.
- The internal circuitry of a sound cancelling headphone is dependent on power and hence the usage of power is quite high. Therefore, if the battery is drained, these headphones lose their noise reducing the ability and to prevent this situation you should always carry an additional battery pack.
- There is a mild “hiss” sound associated with noise reducing headphones which many people tend to miss but its presence cannot be negated; the painful one will endure some discomfort.
- Noise reducing doesn’t mean the complete elimination of noise. The only sound that is at low or an average decibel is erased, but other sudden sounds, and high pitched noises will be still heard.
- Due to the presence of the internal circuitry and extra cushioning on the earcups, these headphones tend to be heavier and can induce pressure related headaches in certain people. Care should be taken by such people.
Why is Bose the chosen one?
- Excellent quality
- Excellent customer service
- Latest technology
- Industry leaders
In today’s world peace and quiet are the most sought after commodities. With noise pollution on the rise, it is becoming difficult to focus on the tasks at hand. However, thanks to technological advancements we can overcome these drawbacks with Bose acoustic noise cancelling headphones.
Agreed that the Bose QC 25 is pricey, and the only way to procure them would be by attending a Bose headphone sale or by searching for Bose quiet comfort 25 sale on eBay or Amazon and then grabbing it with both hands. When shopping online or over the counter in any electronic store, Bose offers a warranty on any manufacturing defect for one year from the date of purchase. However, warranty will not apply if the product has been mishandled and damage occurs due to the negligence of the user.
The frequent traveler, the seeker of peace and quiet and even the average music lover will always seek the Bose QC 25 for its noise cancelling features and for making their world a better place.