You might agree on the point with me that the best pc gaming headset under 100 is one of the most critical elements when we speak of games even at a price point. Every gaming experience is incomplete without creating its own dynamic virtual space, an effect that is optimized by the gaming headsets.
Keeping this in mind, in this article, I have done full research based on my own experience and also some of my friends and even the top 8 winners of 2018 – 2020.
These are my recommendations when it comes to gaming. So if you are considering a buy the best bluetooth gaming headset under 100, you might like to take a look at my experience with the following products.
Having to play games with a tremendously isolating experience is a must just like our Shure SE215 Review, we talked about the benefits of sensual sound experience that can boost your performance.
A Full Product Review Of The Best Gaming Headsets
Whether you are a newbie or a pro video game player, choosing the gaming headset is crucial at one point or another. Even if you are on a tight budget, choosing the best headset available doesn’t have to be as hard as defeating the ultimate boss in PlayStation 4’s “God of War.”
With so many great options, you can get the gaming headset around 100 that’s not bulky, is durable, and, most importantly, offers impeccable sound quality. There’s always something suitable for everyone, whatever budget you have.
While gaming can be a pricey hobby, you shouldn’t have to drain your pockets in the search for the best gaming headset. To help you choose, I’ve dug through a lot of the most affordable gaming headsets that are worth every penny.
So, what are the gaming headset that help you get a better gaming experience? We looked at nearly all of them and compiled a list of gaming headset that gamers love today.
#1. The HyperX Cloud Stinger
- Lightweight headset with 90 degree rotating ear cups
- 50 millimeter directional drivers for audio precision
- Hyperx signature memory foam. Adjustable steel slider
- Intuitive volume control on headset ear cup
- Swivel-to-mute noise-cancellation microphone. Multi-platform compatibility. Refer instruction manual before...
- Note: Refer user guide on technical specification before use
Last update on 2020-03-19 at 12:33 / Affiliate links / Ratings / Reviews / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This gaming headset is the newest addition to the HyperX’s headset line. At a good price point, you get a headset that boasts a combination of an attractive design and a smooth and quick-to-use adjustment features. In addition to that, This is also comfortable — it’s something you can use for long gaming sessions.
As with any of the HyperX headset line, the Cloud Stinger also features excellent audio.
- Extremely comfortable
- Sturdy design and build
- Lightweight feel
- So-so audio
- Non-detachable microphone
#2. HyperX Cloud Alpha
- HyperX Dual Chamber Drivers for more distinction and less distortion
- Signature Award Winning HyperX comfort
- Durable aluminum frame with expanded headband
- Detachable braided cable with convenient in line audio control
- Detachable noise cancellation microphone
- Compatible with PC, PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Xbox One S, Mac, Mobile, Nintendo Switch, VR
Last update on 2020-03-19 at 12:33 / Affiliate links / Ratings / Reviews / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIThis Headset is another new addition to the HyperX Cloud line gaming headsets. It boasts a surround sound that is perfect for both entry levels and pro gamers. With its affordable price, it offers surprisingly excellent sound and comfort.
The main feature that makes This gaming headset a sell-out is its latest dual-chamber driver design which can effectively separate the highs and mids in the low bass frequencies.
- Extremely comfortable
- Fantastic build quality
- Class-leading audio
- Top-notch microphone
- Only one color choice
- Doesn’t include spare ear pads
3. VersionTECH G2000
- Superb Compatibility for Multi-Platform Support PS4, PS4 Pro/Slim, Xbox One, Xbox One S/X controller, PC,...
- Adjustable Noise-cancellation Microphone The gaming headsets are omnidirectional adjustable and flexible to...
- Immersive in Super Real Gaming Experience High-grade 50mm driver with neodymium magnets delivers clean clear...
- Humanized Design, Built to Stay Comfortable The softly padded retractable headband design allows you to find...
- Uniquely Designed Gorgeous Led Lights Big led lights designed on earcups is cool enough to maximizely blast...
Last update on 2020-03-19 at 12:33 / Affiliate links / Ratings / Reviews / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APICompared to other earphones with a built-in microphone, this is something you can buy at a fraction of the price of most devices. It also offers extensive compatibility, so that you can play games from your PC and your PlayStation or Xbox to your smartphone.
- Highly compatible with various gaming systems
- Extremely comfortable
- A sound system is not as powerful than leading gaming headset
4. HyperX Cloud II
- Usb Audio sound card with 7; 1 virtual surround sound
- 53 millimeter Drivers Neodymium Magnets. Sound coupling to the ear is circumaural
- Noise Cancelling Microphone via Inline Sound Card. 15 25kKhz Frequency Response
- Echo Cancelling via Inline Sound Card. Ambient noise attenuation:approx. 20 dBa
- Memory foam ear pads with extra set of Velour ear pads and Detachable Microphone
- TeamSpeak Certified Voice Chat Optimized. Ambient noise attenuation: Approx. 20 dBa
- Compatibility: USB 7.1 Connectivity for PC & Mac. Stereo compatible with PS4, Xbox One (Xbox One Stereo...
Last update on 2020-03-19 at 11:15 / Affiliate links / Ratings / Reviews / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIBeating all nine positions, the Kingston Hyper X Cloud 2 stands easily at the top position with ultra HD surround sound to give you the experience of a lifetime. For me, it has worked like magic. The quality and accuracy that it serves its consumers are commendable. Let’s have a look at how it has worked for me.
- Sturdy construction
- Good audio
- The long cable is not detachable
5. Avantree Active Noise Cancelling Bluetooth 4.1
- Focus on the sounds you want to hear: active noise cancelling headphones allow you to focus on your favorite...
- Sound QUALITY You have to hear to believe: featuring CSR Bluetooth technology combined with high...
- Comfortable & convenient: Designed with you in mind, Our headphones feature Ultra light, super soft protein...
- No more delay: featuring fast stream low latency technology, our ANC032 headphones allow you to reduce...
- Convenient controls: adjust the volume, skip a track or answer a call all from the convenience of the...
Whether you are at a metro station, a large crowd, or a noisy room, it can effectively reduce consistent background noise.
- Impressive build quality
- Stitching can easily fray
6. Razer Kraken Pro V2
- Featuring neodymium magnets, the 50mm Razer custom tuned drivers have been designed and tuned for greater...
- Optimum form factor for maximum comfort no matter how long the gaming session
- The headband, made of Bauxite aluminum, is both lightweight and extremely flexible
- Fully-retractable microphone with in-line remote for crystal clear communication
- Oval ear cushions-Designed for full-ear coverage, perfect for long-wearing comfort. Sensitivity at 1 kHz- 123...
It’s a gaming peripheral that surround sound dynamic for almost every type of gaming and also meets up to the expectations of a standard music headset.
Thus, to have a better insight into the product let’s take a tour of its features.
- Comfortable wear
- Punchy bass response
- Attractive design
- Sturdy built
- Commendable mic
- Best for gaming
- Mid tones tend to get a touch muddy
- Relative weak head grip
- Considerably good for music
7. Plantronics RIG 800LX
If you are not that concerned about the looks of your headphone but want some good performance, this is the one you need. It makes all the right noises when it comes to the sound but falls short in some other areas. Let us take a look at what it does good, and what it does not.
- Rich surround sound
- Modular components
- Worthy base station
- Strong battery life
- problematic microphone
- companion app may appear overwhelming
8. NUBWO N2
- SUPERIOR SOUNDDual 50mm drivers provide a crisp, rich and distortion free sound. Resonating bass offers a full...
- PREMIUM MICROPHONE: Noise-canceling microphone boom perfectly captures the users voice and simultaneously...
- LIGHTWEIGHT COMFORT: The suspension style headband automatically conforms to the users head and is designed...
- HANDY CONTROL: Rotary volume adjuster housed on the ear cups for convenient use.1.6 meters of tangle free...
- BROAD COMPATIBILITY: Works great with new Xbox One controller with the 3.5mm jack, PS4 Pro and PS4, as well as...
If you are on the lookout for an affordable but a solid pair of gaming headset, the NUBWO N2 is an excellent choice. Plus, you get a decent microphone.
- Sturdy construction
- Good audio quality
- The long cable is not detachable
What Makes Them Great For Gaming?
Are you looking for a better gaming experience?
While your gaming PC is what is the most important thing here, there is another peripheral and accessory most miss out on – a gaming headset.
You need the a gaming headset at a 100$ price point to give you the feels when you are on your gaming adventure.
However, we know it is easy to get confused when you are looking to buy a gaming headset.
To make the right choice, you need to focus on the basics and understand what makes up a gaming headset.
You would want a user-friendly software interface, and the device needs to give you some primary audio output goals.
You would perhaps want a Dolby 7.1 surround system that is highly compatible and offers a high-end clear acoustic headphone experience. And you may want to build quality and design that is ideal for extended wear and extended use.
How do you find all that?
Here’s what you should look for, step by step.
The following are the significant factors that determine the efficiency of a gaming headset:
Choosing The Right Type Is Important!
The first step towards finding the right gaming headset for your gaming is tracing the platform or device on which you run your games. A smart headset is highly compatible with a massive range of media, starting from the PC to PS4 to Mac extending up to Xbox too.
The Degree Of Comfort:
Comfort is one of the integral factors when it comes to assessing a headset. Gaming is usually associated with long hours of wear time of headset. Thus, your headset must render you the right amount of comfort and ease for your long gaming sessions. Excellent quality of headset always comes with an added and extra convenience of being ultra-light, comfortable wear, and comfortable fit. Usually, the high-end ones are fed with soft cushiony pads.
Best in Class Microphone:
Many times a hardcore gamer comes across instances when you need to communicate with other players during your gaming. In this case, the high-quality audio output is very much a pre-requisite for a pleasant experience. A gaming headset usually has high-end technology providing crystal clear surround sound.
Check whether it is open or closed?
When it comes to gaming, it is essential to be comfortable t every point to concentrate on your game. Thus, an open back headset would be highly appreciated as gaming peripheral.
However, if you are someone who wants yourself to be immersed in the flow of the game, a closed-back headset would be better as it effectively cancels out the maximum of the environmental noise around you.
How much durable is your headset?
While spending your money on your gaming peripheral, it is very much essential that you are satisfied with the product completely. In this case, the durability factor of your headset gives you a good measure of how effective or performing it is when it comes to stoutness. A headset not only does render you a stylish look but also sturdy build that enables the product to last for years.
Usually, materials like sturdy braided fabric and light materials like aluminum alloy or high-quality plastic are used in the high-end gaming headsets.
How effective is the sound quality?
The better the surround sound, the better the experience. While choosing the device, you should always look for a high-end audio output peripheral. Sensitive and distinct outputs on footsteps, storms, and gunfire will give your device brownie points. It’s something you need from a headset and is perhaps even more important than the music quality itself.
Usually, a high-end device with such caliber possesses Dolby technology delivering at least 7.1 virtual surround sound quality.
So now, when you know the qualities that you should search for tracking down an ideal headset, let’s have a glance at why is it essential at all.back to menu ↑
The Main Advantage For Performance and Focus
There is no doubt that a video game is very much possible to play without a headset.
However, if your aspiring to a memorable experience, then a headset is indispensable for the procedure.
The following are some of the significant reasons that add up to in favor of a gaming headset:
- Easy recognition of sounds: To create the perfect gaming ambiance, sound effect has an equal contribution to visuals. Thus, an ideal headset for gaming can feed up with this explicit requirement of games.
- Noise cancellation: Distraction is not at all healthy when it comes to concentrating on games that require expertise and skills. Thus, a headset helps a lot when it comes to canceling out surrounding noises.
- Active competitive gaming: While playing a game, every minute details count. Thus, if you accompany your gaming expedition with a headset, there is more chance of yours to perform well, especially in the games where you have to compete with another gamer.
- Simplified in-game communication: Many times, you would find games that involve team play where effective communication with your team members plays a decisive role in gaming. Thus, a headset shall always promise some highly responsive hands-free communication system in-build in it with the help of inline controls.
back to menu ↑
Now let us have a look as to why it is important to have volume controllers in your headset?
Top Gaming Headsets Under $100 – The Importance of Volume Control and Audio Controls
While buying the best budget gaming headsets, it is very much important that keep an eye on the volume controlling system of the device. In gaming, there usually come a lot of crests and troughs in the visual displays.
For instance, when there is a waterfall, you need a medium base of sound while there is gunfire. A high bass surround sound quality is required.
Thus, the volume must get auto shifted, in hands-free mode while keeping your concentration intact on your gaming.
Now let’s find out some of the perks of a high-end surround system.
Importance of Surround Sound
A surround system, as can be made out of the name itself, is a 360 degree sound system allowing you the ultimate sound quality goals. This experience reaches its heights if you upgrade yourself to a surround sound system headset.
The following are some of the significant benefits that you can enjoy with a surround system over others:
- Advanced and improved realistic sound: With the additional help of multiple more speakers arranged at almost all angles that count to be more than ten speakers, this is the most realistic audio output that you can expect during your gaming.
- Improved quality throughout the gaming: Due to the higher number of speakers, the audio system renders a better overall flow of surround sound throughout the session. Thus, it gives a much high-quality experience.
- Most of the new launch games support surround systems: When it comes to compatibility, it can be said it is one of the highest compatible systems. You would find almost all the new launches in the gaming world compatible with this audio technology.
Article with the same Topic: Best Durable Bluetooth Earbudsback to menu ↑
What Gamers Love Are Quality Sounds and Stability?
Using a headset for your gaming provenly takes your gaming to the next level. It not only immerses you in the game entirely with high concentration levels but also enables you to enjoy the whole experience with a much more realistic feel. The following are some of the essential skills that you can witness with a headset:
- Dynamic sound: The surround sound quality is the most impressive part that you would feel. You can escape into your gaming world for some time with the help of your headset.
- Real like experience: High-end speakers always enable you to have effects that feel more real to your ears.
- Concentrated gaming: With immersive sound effects, your focus on gaming will be much more precise and constant throughout.
Now let’s discuss which genre of the audio device would be ideal for you as a PC gamer.back to menu ↑
Which one is Best for a Good Gaming Headset Under $100? Earphone or Headphone?
When it comes to gaming, headphones is that one option that has turned itself to be indispensable for an exotic experience, especially when it is pc gaming. Let’s find out why a headphone wins over an earphone in this battle.
- It provides better comfort.
- It provides a better surround sound resolution.
- It provides better surround noise cancellation making gaming immersing.
Now let’s see what you should be careful about while deciding your peripheral.back to menu ↑
Should you pick a Noise Cancellation or Noise Isolation?
As you may get from the term itself, headphones make use of a technology where the input audio is processed through a wave frequency filter where the ambient surround sound electronically cancel out for better clear and distinct audio output.
On the other hand, a headphone works on the simple principle of creating a physical barrier between your ear cups and the ambient sounds. However, it is always much more advisable for you to go on with a headphone as they are easier to handle and much more comfortable during extended wear time.
Although, when it comes to functionality, It may work somewhat better than the headphones. On a personal note, I would every time recommend the former over the latter.
Now let’s discuss the other relevant entity of a good headset, ear cups, or cushions.back to menu ↑
The Importance of Ear cups and Comfort/Ear Cushions in a Good Headset:
Ear cups play a very decisive role in how good or somewhat how comfortable your gaming headsets would be for your gaming. There are significant roles that the ear cup of your headset has to play.
- Renders the right cushioning for that extra comfort level
- Provides the right grip to keep the headset in place
- Improves the sound quality of the speakers
Thus, you must have headset ear cups that showcase the following elements:
- Shape and design: This entity undoubtedly plays a pivotal role in determining the comfort zone of your headset. Nor does it specify the level of noise isolation that it can provide you with but also preserve the music that flows into your system from any leakage. Thus, it augments the efficiency of the overall audio system.
- Manufacturing Material: The material that is being used in the manufacturing of the product also affects how much surround sound it can cancel out surrounding noise from the audio output.
Related Article: Best Drumming Headphonesback to menu ↑
Should it be Wireless or Wired?
While you may find that there are two kinds of significant gaming headsets found in the market, it is essential to understand which one aptly fits your needs.
Both kinds of gaming headsets have their advantages and disadvantages. Thus, it entirely depends on the games that you most frequently play and the ambient circumstances where your games take place.
A wired headset under 100$ has the prime merit of:
- High-end transmission rate at every hour. This happens with the straightforward technology principle that here, data happens to transmit in a bounded medium that is much less vulnerable to frequency damping or loss.
- The volume control and the mute control are very much user-friendly and adjustable while the headset is geared on. This happens due to the presence of inline controls on the wire that enable you to adjust volume and mute controls as per your wish.
- It does not need any battery charging for its operation, which is a significant plus point.
However, with these merits come some major setbacks too.
- There is a considerable lack of flexibility and obstruction in the movement of the wire of the headset when plugged in, especially if you are a PC video gamer.
On the other hand, this headset extends the following added services:
- The first significant merit is its incredible mobility that you can enjoy hassle freely. You can move as far as the frequency range of the product allows you to do so.
- When it comes to performance, it is a very clear ration; the more money you spend, the better resolution you get.
There are some significant drawbacks to this device too.
- The quality is comparatively on a little downside as compared to the wired one due to the leakage of the output surround sound. Although, you would hardly be able to make it out through your ears.
- You need to charge the headset for the smooth running.
On a personal note, I will suggest you go for a wireless headset when it comes to gaming. It allows you with the much-needed freedom to go with the flow of your emotions when in gaming.
The other demerits of this peripheral can be dealt with by conditioning the surrounding ambiance.
If you are considering a new buy, you would need to take a look at all these factors before making the purchase. You wouldn’t want one that doesn’t sound right, and you wouldn’t want one that is not durable enough. Worse, you wouldn’t want one that doesn’t look as great but is permanent. You need to spend your money right, and we are sure you would ask the question below.back to menu ↑
What Are The Best Gaming Headsets Should You Buy As A Gamer?
With the availability of a variety of options in the market, choosing the right gadget while keeping in mind it does not hurt your pocket becomes a tough task.
To make it a little easier for you, I have helped you note how you can go with a headset that is right for you.
However, should you want me to note down some of the important points again, here it goes.
- Look for one that is luxurious in style and ultra-light in weight. You may want to look for a robust aluminum body that makes it durable.
- Decide whether you want to go in for a wired or a wireless one.
- See if the headset offers any high-end technology.
- Check for comfort. Are there soft cushiony ear cups that are known to render extreme comfort?
- How good is the sound quality too? It has to be top-notch, preferably with a surround system, so that you get every detail. The audio output needs to have the right amount of crispness, accompanied by a clear and distinct sound quality.
- Check the mic quality. You need a high-end mic that can get its job done.
- See the compatibility. It needs to be compatible with a wide range of gaming devices, starting from PC to PS4 to Xbox.
- Check the extra features. Some, for instance, can offer a toggle function of game and voice to make the experience more straightforward, and better.
Does Money Matters? Take a 100$ Budget in Buying Your Next Gaming Headset into considering
Ultimately, you would need to take a look at the cost. You are looking for an all-in-one package of a perfect gaming set, and you need to ensure that you have everything from soft cushioned pads to a tight yet comfortable grip to a surround system sound.
Although gaming headsets have a significant issue in keeping the right balance between their pricing and performance quality, however, if you stick to the basics, you have nothing to worry about.
I hope this guide was amply insightful for you to make the correct choice when you are on your next buying spree.
I have been a hardcore gamer all my life and understood the hassles of a player while in action. This guide is a complete outlook of what I have learned in all these years of my experience.
I have tried to be the most detailed reviewer of an ideal headset possible for me. I hope this works for you well.
I would love to hear your responses on how this article helped you in your journey of finding the most exact match of your games.
Related Topic: Best Turtle Beach Wireless Headset
The Final Verdict – Which One Wins?
A new and extraordinary (best gaming headset under 100) can never be cheap. However, if you are on a tight budget, a cut-rate gaming sound system can work quite well more than you can think of.
Find something that is of good value – from its design and build to its performance and price. It doesn’t always have to be a name brand, as cheaper models with high-quality performance can also be an excellent choice for the best wireless gaming headset under 100.