Owning the best Bluetooth headset for truckers is a must for us truck drivers. We admit that driving is fun, but being on the road for almost the whole day is not fun at all. There is no rest, and sitting without doing other things at all is annoying. For this reason, listening to music or talking with our pals can be the best things that we can do to fight this boredom.
Our Summary Of The Top 8:
- BlueParrott B450-XT
- Plantronics Voyager Legend
- AMINY Bluetooth Headset
- New Bee Bluetooth Earpiece
- ICOMTOFIT Bluetooth Headset
- Plantronics M70
- Mpow M5 Pro Bluetooth Headset
- YUWISS Bluetooth Headset
My 5 Best Bluetooth Headsets for Truckers
We can consider a Bluetooth headset is a must-have for truckers. Imagine being on the road almost a day, missing out on a lot of stuff like news. As you may already know, using a Bluetooth headset is not just for listening to music. We can also listen to news and podcasts, so we are still aware of what is going on around us.
Therefore, truckers should invest in a good Bluetooth headset. The following are my favorites.
#1. BlueParrott B450-XT
The BlueParrott B450 is one of my favorite Bluetooth headsets that has large parts like the headband and earcups that are bulky. However, these significant parts are among the main reasons why this device has an excellent noise-canceling feature. The device comes with a user manual, Micro-USB cable for charging, and mic foam cushions.
To maximize our control and usage of this device, we should download the app called BlueParrott Push. It allows us to customize the multi-function button, turn our equipment into a walkie-talkie, and use the voice memo.
- Cozy ear cups
- Easy to charge
- Can talk to the phone while charging
- Noise cancellation
- More than 10 hours of battery life
- High-end microphone
- The function button is customizable
- Pairable with multiple devices
- Mediocre app
- Feels uncomfortable wearing it for a long time
- Bulky headband and earcups
- This device offers up to 30-foot Bluetooth With this secure connection, we are sure that it will not cause any problems as we listen to our favorite music or talk to our loved ones. We can keep our hands on the steering wheel and focus on the road.
- It has an impressive noise-isolation feature, which blocks 96 percent of the background noise. For this reason, even if it is noisy around us, we can still hear the person at the opposite end of the line.
- It makes use of the VoiceControlTM feature that allows hands-free operation. We can keep our hands on the wheels and control our device with this technology.
- The Parrott ButtonTM allows us to customize the controls of the headset, which makes controlling our device easier.
#2. Plantronics Voyager Legend
The Plantronics Voyager is one of the few boom headsets in the market that less bulky in size compared to similar products of the same features. Although the microphone is a bit larger, it is not flimsy. There are arm buttons strategically placed so that we can easily reach for them for controlling upcoming and outgoing calls.
Plantronics Voyager is the device that we can count on when it comes to comfort and audio and call quality, although not built for fashion. The plastic material feels premium, which proves that it is well-crafted and dependable. The placement of the controls is intuitive, wherein we can easily reach them while we are driving.
- Comfortable to wear
- Intuitive controls
- Long battery life
- High-end audio
- The boom arm is bulky
- Not fashionable
- An audio seal is not tight
- Plantronics Voyager uses a smart sensor that is highly intuitive. Upon wearing the device, the headset allows us to connect quickly to answer calls without the touch of a finger. If it is already on, the device announces who is making the calls. We can choose to ignore or answer it just by using words.
- Just by pressing a button, we can talk to a voice assistant, whether it is Cortana, Siri, or Google. With this feature, we can control our device better while we keep our hands on the steering wheel.
- Plantronics Voyager makes use of the p2i technology, which protects the device from moisture and sweat that can damage it. For this reason, we do not have to worry about the rain creating moisture in the equipment nor the hot weather that may cause us to sweat on this headset.
#3. AMINY Bluetooth Headset
What makes this Bluetooth earbud phone a part of my favorite lists is because of its compatibility. We can connect it to all types of Bluetooth Android or iOS devices, no matter what the brand is. It makes use of the UFO headset so that the headset can sit firmly on our ears.
The device offers secure connectivity without causing any issues. It produces Hi-Fi audio that provides clear and crisp music and sound. We also do not have to worry about wearing it on a hot summer or rainy days because it is IPX6 water-resistant.
- Supports all types of Bluetooth devices
- Hi-Fi audio
- Intelligent design for comfort and fit
- A clear and crisp voice
- Unusable when charging
- Volume button is not intuitive
- The two batteries are replaceable. We can easily change the damaged cells anytime.
- It has a built-in HD microphone and UFO headset that allows us to hear HiFi sound, whether voice or music. We can listen to those people we are talking to on the opposite end of the line.
- It charges fast. It only takes one to two hours to get a full charge. With this charging time, we can already enjoy 8 hours of talk time, which is already handy in our 9 to 5 job on the road.
- It supports all Bluetooth Whether your device is iOS or Android, as long as it supports Bluetooth connectivity, you will not have a problem using this headset on your device.
#4. New Bee Bluetooth Earpiece
The New Bee Bluetooth Earpiece is an excellent headset to use when you own two devices, and you need to connect to them at the same time. This device can connect up to two devices at the same time. Additionally, we can select among three colors available in the market.
This simple earpiece has a lot of features that truckers will find useful. This device is an excellent companion for us when we have to drive on the road, even for 12 hours. We can easily hear the person on the opposite end of the line because it produces a clear and crisp sound.
- Three color variations
- Three ear tips
- Long battery life
- Average sound quality
- It has noise-canceling technology. Even if it is noisy around us, we do not have to worry about missing what the other person is saying.
- It makes use of Bluetooth, which is the latest technology that ensures a secure connection.
- It connects up to two devices at the same time. This feature is handy when we own two devices, and we have to use a headset on each of them. We do not have to buy another earpiece to tend to calls on both devices.
- It takes pride in its long battery life. This device can last up to 3 months on standby. It can provide up to 10 hours of music playtime and 12 hours of talk time.
#5. ICOMTOFIT Bluetooth Headset
The ICOMTOFIT contains all the qualities that a wireless Bluetooth headset should have. It offers a secure connection, above-average sound quality, noise cancellation feature, and more. Truckers can even answer calls hands-free.
It contains the features that all truckers need.
- Comfortable fit
- Supports voice assistants like Google Now and Siri
- Excellent battery life
- Fast charging
- Sleek design
- Stops sometimes
- It offers long battery life with fast charging. We only have to wait less than an hour for it to fully charged. After that, we can enjoy 10 hours of talk time and more than 8 hours of music listening. If on standby, this device can last up to more than two months.
- This device only weighs 0.5 ounce, which makes it comfortable to wear, even for long hours of driving.
- It makes use of advanced mic noise-canceling technology, which ensures that the audio you hear is clear and crisp without any hint of background noise.
- It has a Bluetooth range of up to 33-feet, which only proves that the connection is stable and robust as you use it while you are driving your truck.
- It allows us to connect up to two devices at the same time. If you own two devices and you have to use both of them for calls and music, you can just use one headset, and this device is it.
- The buttons’ location is intuitive. The buttons for volume, power, or mute are separate from each other, which makes it easier for us to control and find them.
back to menu ↑
#6. Plantronics M70
For those truckers who want to use a headset with straight-forward features, Plantronics M70 is it. For me, the controls are easy to learn. It is comfortable to the ears because of its lightweight and fitting ear tips.
We can activate the voice prompt using either French, Spanish, or English to alert us on our device status. We can control the volume and music from our smartphone without touching it, just by the use of our voice.
- Can connect two devices at the same time.
- Fits well
- Compatible with several devices
- Long-lasting battery life
- Fast charging
- Excellent sound quality for voice and music
- Sleek design
- Fails to reconnect sometimes
- One microphone
- The long period of wearing may hurt
- No mute button
- We can control our device through our voice by activating the voice assistant, whether it is Google Now, Cortana, or Siri. We can focus on driving while controlling our device through our voices.
- The high-capacity battery is a lithium-ion polymer that allows the headset to last for hours, which is handy when we have to drive for hours on the road.
- We can use it along with the Find MyHeadset app so that if in case we lose our headset, we can use this app to locate it.
- Plantronics M70 makes use of the DeepSleep Mode technology that allows the battery to last up to six months in standby.
- Three languages are available to alert status, which makes it easier for non-native English speakers to communicate with their devices.
#7. Mpow M5 Pro Bluetooth Headset
The Mpow Pro leans more on the functionality than beauty. When it comes to the appearance, this headset has nothing to offer except that it is available in purple and pure black. It looks the same as the standard headsets in the market.
However, do not be fooled by its appearance. For me, it has a lot of value to offer. Although made from metal headband and plastic, the construction of Mpow Pro is durable.
- Works great on calls
- Makes use of comfortable memory foam
- Clear sound quality
- Noise-cancellation feature
- 33-foot range
- Long battery life
- Extremely bland
- Depending on your device, the volume may change
- Outdated Bluetooth technology
- This device is comfortable to wear because of the memory foam used. Even if we have to drive 8 to 12 hours per day, I do not mind wearing this device for long hours.
- It has a noise-canceling feature that blocks out the background noise. Therefore, we do not have to ask someone at the end of the line to modulate voice when we are answering calls in a noisy environment.
- It connects in two devices. If we own two devices and we are waiting for calls in both of them, we only have to use one headset for them.
- We only have to charge this headset for two hours for full charging. On a full charge, we can expect 18 hours of talk time and up to 200 hours in standby, which is a handy feature for long hours of driving.
#8. YUWISS Bluetooth Headset
All people can use this Bluetooth headset, whether you are a trucker, a business person, or a lazy bum. It is an all-rounder headset that you can pair with any devices of any operating system, whether it is iOS or Android. You will love this device because it enables you to talk to your friends for up to 20 hours.
This Bluetooth headset also takes pride in its noise-canceling feature that ensures that you have clear conversations with your friends. What I love about this device is that it is comfortable to wear even for long hours of driving.
- Connects to two devices at the same time
- User-friendly controls
- Awesome noise-canceling feature
- Long battery life
- It does not notify you of the number of an incoming call
- It has a noise-canceling feature that blocks out the background noise that might muddle your conversation with your friends. With this feature, you are sure that you can hear your friend crystal clear.
- Eartips and ear hooks come along with the device so that it is sure that it will fit the truckers’ ears, and they will feel comfortable using it for long hours.
- This headset is pairable with all devices, no matter what brand or operating system it has. Therefore, as long as your device allows Bluetooth connectivity, you can use this headset.
- It allows 24 hours of talking time and fast charging of fewer than two hours, which makes it an ideal headset for long hours of driving that may bore you.
back to menu ↑
How Did I Come Up with My Lists of Products?
I picked these products based on my personal experience on the sound quality, user-friendliness, comfort, battery life, warranty, and noise-canceling features a headset can offer. These products are only my suggestions based on what worked for me.
If you are going to look for the best Bluetooth headset for truckers for yourself, here are what you should consider before making your purchase.
How Long Does the Battery Last?
Because we need to drive for hours, our device should stay with us for hours too. What is ideal is a talk time of 6 hours or more. However, it still up to your needs on who long you usually stay on the road, and how long do you think you will be using your headset.
Of course, the longer it is, the better.
The Comfort It Can Provide
As truckers, it is our job to stay on the road driving for hours. It can be a 9 to 5 job or probably less, but the point is you will be spending hours on the way. Being on the road for a long time can be tedious at times, and sometimes listening to good music, talking with a friend, or listening to the news is the only thing that we can do.
To make sure that we are comfortable wearing a headset for hours, make sure to use the Bluetooth ones because you do not want the cords to interfere with your driving. Yes, Bluetooth headsets need charging, but you will realize that it is worth the money because you do not have to distract yourself from detangling yourself from the cords as you drive.
Also, make sure to pick the headset that has fitting ear tips. You do not want to lose your headset while you are driving in the middle of the road because it falls off from your ears. Also, poor-fitting headsets feel tiring to the ears. You will not last wearing them for a long time.
Driving requires us to be moving from places to places. There is no assurance that we have the time to go to a nearby outlet to ask for repair. For this reason, it is advisable to look for a product that offers a warranty of over a year.
Headset companies are offering a two-year warranty plus possible replacement, which is already a good offer.
Headset’s Ability to Produce Sounds Clearly for Conversations and Music
The primary purpose of a headset is for you to be able to converse to the person at the end of the line clearly and audibly. It is possible if your headset has an excellent noise-canceling feature. The active noise-canceling feature works when a headset analyzes the noise around us, process it, and use it to reverse the sound to produce less noise.
As a result, talking with people at the end of the line will be clear and smoother because there is less background noise that muddles their voice.
Headset’s Voice Command Feature
Having the voice command feature is the main reason why you choose to buy a headset for driving. You do not want to keep your hands off the wheels; that is why you need a headset that is controllable with voice commands.
You can simply ask the voice assistant to notify you for answering calls, rejecting calls, and checking battery status.
back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questions
Is It Safe to Wear a Headset While Driving?
If you compare using a headset with using the phone alone, the answer is yes. The headset is safer than texting or making calls on your phone while driving.
Driving accidents due to phone usage happen because it distracts you from driving. It keeps your eyes off the road because you are looking who is texting or calling you. You keep your one hand off the steering wheel because you need to press some buttons on your phones, and your attention is not on the road.
Using a headset is, in fact, a better option when you need to answer calls while driving. Using a headset ensures that your eyes are always on the road. Many Bluetooth headsets are controllable by a voice that does not keep your hands off from the wheels.
However, the problem is attention. You should not distract yourself by the incoming calls and texts because there is a limitation on what a headset can do to aid your cellphone usage while driving.
Therefore, it is always best to keep your calls limited as you drive.
Can I Use an Audio Device Other Than a Headset?
The answer is up to you. As long as you are not violating driving laws in your country or state, you are good to go. However, if you are going to ask what I prefer, I instead use a headset than other audio devices.
First of all, let us be clear about the difference between headphones, earphones, and headsets because many people use these words interchangeably.
In its most basic form, headphones are two speakers connected with a headband. However, because of the advancement of today’s technology, it offers several features like a built-in microphone and noise-cancellation feature.
This device is the best option if your main goal is to immerse yourself with what you are listening to because of its advanced noise-cancellation that you cannot find in other audio devices.
Earphones, on the other hand, is an innovation of a bulky headphone. While the headphones are large, the earphones are smaller devices that you insert in your ear canal. Because of the ears’ closer contact to the source of the sound, it allows less air movement.
For this reason, earphones are highly advisable for music lovers because of the one-of-the-kind sound stage it provides.
However, for truckers who have to answer calls from people without touching your phone, wearing a headset is a better option.
A headset is like a headphone with a microphone attached to it. It is an ideal device to use if you find yourself always answering calls or communicating with other people.
Are Bluetooth Headsets Bad for Your Health?
The answer is no.
Understandably, you are worried about the radiation that Bluetooth emits. However, if you think that Bluetooth from devices can be bad for your health, you are wrong, and there are a lot of studies that back it up.
The American Cancer Society did thorough research through studies regarding this matter. It concluded that it could not find that there is a link between health issues and usage of a cellphone.
If you compare with headsets, smartphones and cellphones emit stronger radiation because it relays a signal that can reach several distances away. However, Bluetooth headsets only have to transmit to your phone, which is up to only a 30-foot range.
That is why it is not surprising the experts recommend the use of headsets instead of using your phone directly. Using a headset decreases radiation exposure a thousand times than direct cellphone contact.
back to menu ↑
The products I chose are based on my personal preference. I like my picks because of the features they offer, which include long battery life, excellent sound quality, responsive voice commands, and more.
However, you can always choose the product for yourself, especially if the mentioned ones are out of your budget. What is essential is to find the best Bluetooth headset for truckers with the mentioned must-have features if you want to make the most out of your purchase.