Before choosing a elite headphones you need to determine the following:
1. Decide if you want earbuds or the large headphones. As each music gadget is designed to cater to different needs, one should assess, how and where they will be using the audio device. Although earbuds are super portable, they might not give you the same, enhanced sound quality like that of the large headsets.
2. Decide on your budget. If you’re looking for lightweight, cheap audio devices, you can buy any earbud, which will be easy to carry around, but will not guarantee you the perfect audio quality. But, if you are looking for an audio device that offers superior sound quality, you’ll have to invest a considerable amount in a popular, noise blocking headset brand. However, the DJ-style headsets will require a large amount of space in your bag.
3. Assess the headphones’ sound isolation. Doing this will let you know how well the audio device will keep music in and block the outside noise.
4. If you opt for over-the-ear stereo headphones, ensure that they are open-backed or closed-backed. Open-backed headphones offer more natural sound and are recommended for indoor use, but will not have sound cancellation features. Whereas, closed-backed headphones isolate noise in a better way and one cannot hear the surrounding noise. However, they tend to be less comfortable.
5. Assess the frequency range, the sound curve and the frequency response curve of the headset.
6. Unless you’re willing to pay a huge amount, do not look for noise cancelling features.
7. Once you have decided on which headphones to buy, wear them and hear the music quality before buying.
8. Ensure that the headphones you’re buying are appropriately fitting your music device.