Best Noise Cancelling Earbuds of 2017
Noise cancelling headphones can be an incredibly useful product for a person to have, especially in this day and age. It seems like every single person out there has either a smart phone or a tablet, or both, and so headphones become an incredibly important thing to have with you no matter where you go.
Headphones allow you to be able to perform a wide variety of tasks the entire world knowing what you are doing. You can have conversations on your phone, listen to music, watch videos, or perform other tasks on your phone or tablet in relative privacy.
Particular kinds of headphone that people really seem to enjoy are the earbuds. These headphones simply slide into your ear, into the ear canal itself, providing a great quality sound for when you are listening to music or talking on the phone, while also helping to block out the world around you. This is the characteristic that many people love about earbuds.
Earbuds allow you to really separate yourself from the rest of the world. A lot of these earbuds come with a noise canceling ability. The very best noise canceling earbuds work to block out the noise that is around the person, by properly ceiling over the eardrum so that only the sound within the earbuds is all the person hears. This is perfect if you’re trying to block out uncomfortable conversations, loud noises around you, or if you simply don’t want to listen to what’s going on. It’s why so many people opt for these kinds of headphones.
Recommended Related Topics:
TOP 1: Bose QuiteComfort 20 : Experts Choice
- Ideal for iPhone, iPod and iPad
- Advanced noise reduction rivaling any full-sized headphone
- Aware mode for hearing what’s around you while enjoying your music
- Notable audio performance from exclusive Bose technologies
- Long-lasting comfort plus stability from proprietary Stay Hear+ tips
Finding good noise canceling headphones begins by having an idea of what you’re looking for. There are not only wireless options, but some are better for you to use while you’re sleeping, and others are better for counteracting more active kinds of noise, like at concerts or stadiums. If you are looking for the best noise canceling earbuds of 2017, then here are five things seriously want to take a look at.
1. Bose QuietComfort (QC20)
This is a revolutionary style of noise canceling earbuds/ many critics are marveling at how revolutionary this Bose product is, making it arguably the best noise canceling earbuds that you will find on the market today.
What makes it so spectacular is that you not only are getting an incredible sound quality within the earbuds themselves, but the amount of ambient noise that is allowed to get in is negligible at worst. Because of the design and the secure nature and which the earbuds attached to your ear, you will find that I’ll be at noise just has no ability to hamper or disrupt the incredible enjoyment you will have in listening to your earbuds. The StayHear technology employed in this product keeps the earbuds in place so that they remain secure, while also giving you a very comfortable feeling.
As with virtually every other Bose product you could buy, the sound quality is exemplary. Not only do you get a deep bass sound to it, but the highs and lows are extremely crisp and natural sounding. Best yet, when you turn up the volume to higher levels you receive no distortion. This is what really sets the Bose brand apart.
You can use these headphones in any kind of circumstance, talking on the phone, jogging out on the street, or at the gym. The battery life runs to about 16 hours, and it only takes about two hours to recharge. The integrated microphone is outstanding and gives you a quality sound for the listener, and the remote offers you a three button option for changing the volume, track, or answering calls. These earbuds are truly fantastic.
- Ideal for iPod, iPhone and iPad
- Noise cancelling reduces surrounding distractions, letting music stand out. Stay Hear+ tips provide long-lasting comfort plus stability
- Aware mode lets you hear what’s around you when you need to, at the touch of a button
- Exclusive TriPort technology and Active EQ help deliver lifelike, digital-quality audio
- QC®20 headphones are specifically designed to work with selected Apple® or selected Samsung® and Android™ devices. An inline microphone and one-touch answer/end button allow for seamless switching between your calls and music. Some phones may require you to hold the answer/end button for a few seconds to perform these functions.
2. Bose QuietControl 30
This is another great product by Bose, that does a great job of keeping environmental noise out of your ears when you are listening to the earbuds. What makes this earbud so impressive is that you can actually determine the amount of noise that’s permitted into your ears from the outside. This makes it one of the best wireless noise canceling earbuds that you will find, because it gives you the advantage of allowing as much or little noise in, you feel is necessary.
The StayHear technology also employed on this Bose product, which ensures that the headset will stay locked in place to your ear, comfortably and securely. No concern about the earbud falling out while you are running or performing some other kind of activity, yet it is not uncomfortable in the ear canal at all.
The remote not only control such things as answering calls, increasing or decreasing volume, and moving to the next track on your phone, but also gives you the ability to control the amount of noise that will come from the outside into your ear. This can make it so that you can block out all ambient noise around you, or if you are in a situation where you feel you need to hear what’s going on around you then you can allow in as much noise as you need. This allows you to do such things as block out the noise of people talking, yet still be able to hear a loud speaker at an airport or train station.
The sound quality of this headset is extraordinary as well. You will love the range and natural feeling that sound has while listening to these headphones, and you will find it one of the most enjoyable wireless earbuds to use.
- World-class noise cancellation makes quiet sound quieter and music sound better
- Volume-optimized EQ for balanced audio performance at any volume
- Wireless convenience, with easy Bluetooth and NFC pairing aided by voice prompts
- 20-hour battery life per charge; up to 40 hours in wired mode
- Noise-rejecting dual-microphone system for clear calls even in windy environments
3. Audio-Technica ATH-ANC40BT
This product is one of the best active noise canceling earbuds that you will find on the market. This earbud set doesn’t just block out noise through the design of the earbuds, but actually creates a noise canceling wave that causes ambient noise to effectively be blocked and stop from getting into your ear. Many have found this to be the absolutely ideal earbuds to wear while they are traveling, where noise from the plane and passengers talking can be quite disruptive.
While doing a great job of being one of the best noise canceling earbuds of 2017, what adds to the positive buzz around this set of headphones is the fact that the quality of sound is absolutely spectacular. The base comes across very naturally sounding, and you will get a clear crisp sound with every note that you hear, every voice that is spoken or sung, and every sound that comes out of a song, video, or the person that you are speaking with.
The earbuds securely attached within the ear, ensuring that the buds themselves do not come out during vigorous activity. However, you get a comfortable feeling by wearing them, so that your ears are not bothered by the secure feeling of them being attached in your ear canal. A great set of earbuds to say the least.
- Quiet Point active noise-cancelling technology reduces environmental noise by up to 90%
- Reliable Bluetooth wireless technology with in-line mic and controls for answering/ending calls, controlling music & video playback and adjusting volume on Bluetooth wireless devices
- 13.5 mm drivers offer a premium listening experience
- Connects to two Bluetooth wireless devices simultaneously; remembers up to eight devices
- Included 1.2 m (3.9′) cable with 3.5 mm stereo mini-plug allows wired use of headphones when battery has lost charge or in Bluetooth-free zones (e.g., in airplanes or hospitals)
4. Sennheiser CXC 700
These earbuds are lightweight and are very comfortable to wear. They come at a much lower price than the other four mentioned in this article, yet the quality is not lost in sound or performance. This may make it the very best option for most people because of its high quality sound and lower price.
The earbud slides into your ear comfortably and securely, ensuring that you have a tight fit that keeps the noise on the outside out, giving you a good quality sound in your ear. The only negative that has been reported is that there can be a very small hissing sound that has been detected by some as they listen to the earbuds for a prolonged period of time. This comes from about 90% of the sound being blocked out, but that 10% only being muted without being completely removed.
The sound quality is outstanding, however. You get a great base of fact, in the mid range is top-notch. These incredible wireless noise canceling earbuds are a great product at a perfectly reasonable price.
- Noise Gard digital active noise cancellation with 3 different modes
- Talk through function enables communication while wearing earphones
- Highly advanced acoustic system for excellent Audio performance
- Excellent passive attenuation of ambient noise of 25Db for Freq range above 3,000hz
- Integrated control box
- Active noise cancellation with NoiseGard technology: choice of three different modes to suit listening envoirment.
- Functions without batteries in passive mode.
5. Sony Bluetooth Noise Canceling Stereo Headphones MDR-NWBT20N
This is one of the most popular sets of earbuds for several reasons. First of all it starts with the fact that the headset can be on and used for 100 hours of battery life. This occurs because these are hybrid earbuds, that combine the ability of the earbud to be charged yet use other sources of energy to continue the batteries pack charged for additional time.
Add to it the fact that these are the perfect noise canceling earbuds for sleeping and it’s easy to see why so many love these earbuds. What makes them so great to use while you are sleeping is that it blocks out 88% of the ambient noise around you, but allows in sounds so that you can sleep while still being able to hear things going on around you. This provides you the comfort of listening to your music, while also ensuring you are safe while sleeping.
The sound quality is outstanding. You will love how comfortable these earbuds feel in your ear canal, and they securely stay there.
- Noise canceling headphones | can cut up to 98% of ambient noise
- New model of MDR-NWBT10N
- Bluetooth Ver. 3.0, Bluetooth profile A2DP/AVRCP
- Power: Li-ion battery (Built-in) (about 8 hours enable), Power Supplied from PC or Walkman
- Pairing: Bluetooth pairing or NFC pairing
Things You Should Know Before Buying
What really separates one of these earbuds sets from another is the amount of ambient noise that is blocked out. As you’ve seen, there are some that do a significantly better job than others. This is often by design.
When making your decision on which one works for you, you want to take a moment to consider what is your priority in terms of the amount of white noise that is blocked out. You also want to consider that some of that white noise may turn into a dull hiss as you are listening to songs or talking on the phone.
While one of these headphones had a far superior battery life to the others, most of these rate fairly similar to one another in terms of comfort, security to the ear, and other elements that are similar to this. It really is about the amount of ambient noise that you can hear that makes the biggest determining factor when making your decision.
Differences in Each Products
The biggest difference between the different earbuds here has already been discussed. This is the ambient noise level that is allowed to get in.
However, there are some other differences in the product that you may want to consider. The most important of these is how effective of a wireless earbud set that you are getting. Effectiveness in this case is related to a couple of different factors.
The first of these is the distance that the earbuds need to be in relation to the device that they are connected to. If you are a person who is never more than a couple of feet from your phone or tablet then this may not be of concern to you. However, if you are someone who sets your phone down and moves about the room, but still leaves your headset in, then you may need in earbud that allows you to be 15 or 20 feet away from your phone and still remains connected.
The other element to consider is that some earbuds allow you to be connected into two or more devices at the same time. What this does for you is allow you to be connected into your PC or tablet doing work, yet still be connected to your phone if someone calls you. This way you can listen to music or dictate into your computer or tablet, but when the phone rings you are able to answer it, temporarily putting your connection to the computer or tablet on hold. This is a big bonus for those who need to be connected into at least two different devices.